Sunday, February 21, 2010

Progress on New Years Resolutions

Well we are in month 2 of the new year and I think we are doing great with our resolutions.

My Resolutions are:

1. Pay off debts.
2. Stick to my budget
3. Lose 50 lbs.
4. Be a better parent and wife
5. Read the entire Bible this year

So far this year since Jan 1
1. We have paid off 4 creditors.
  • Lowes-40 monthly pymt
  • Providian- 20 monthly pymt
  • Newark Furniture-40 monthly pymt
  • Citizens Bank-150 monthly pymt
So we have paid off $250 worth of monthly payments. We are doing the debt snowball so we are just adding that on to the next credit card. Only have a couple left to go then onto the big things like the cars and house.

2. Stick to the budget. Yes we are!!!

3. Lose 50 lbs, well I am on my way. I am down 17 since Jan 1.

4. Be a better parent and wife. I think I am doing better. I am trying to have much more patience with both my boys.

5. Read the entire Bible. This one I am lacking on. I have really got to find the time to do this more often.

1 comment:

Miken Harding said...

YEAH!!! You go girl. I find if I don't read in the morning before my day starts it doesn't get done and my days are just better when I start with the word of God. I just love that you are a Dave fan, he's the best! If you ever have the chance to see him live-do it! You guys rock. We miss you so much. Keep up all the hard work. Doesn't it feel great to be on top of your life. I've used the debt snowball with my life and love it.